A Boutique Firm Offering Customized, Legal Solutions

Helping You Modify Your Custody Or Support Agreement After Divorce

Going through a divorce changes your family. You often end up with court-ordered agreements for child support, child custody and visitation rights. However, those agreements don’t always work for the long term. The good news is that you can apply for a child custody and support modification.

From our offices in Carmel and Martinsville, our attorneys at Connell Michael, LLP will work with you to modify those agreements to fit your current needs. Our team has helped countless clients resolve their family law problems, and we are ready to assist you, too.  We’ll provide aggressive advocacy to champion your rights while supporting you through this difficult and emotional time.

Call us today at 317-333-6080 to set up an appointment with a child custody or child support attorney.

When Can You Change Court-Ordered Agreements?

You can file for a child support or child custody modification when one party experiences a life-changing event. Under family law, life-changing events include:

  • Getting married
  • Filing for divorce
  • Accepting a new job
  • Losing your job
  • Being diagnosed with an illness
  • Moving to a new place

Whether your relationship with your child’s parent is acrimonious or friendly, it is important to receive the court’s approval for your modification. Changes to your custody or support agreement cannot be enforced you do not have a court-ordered modification. As a result, you may not be able to take legal action if the terms of the modified agreement are violated.

Our attorneys can help you determine whether your change in circumstances does qualify as life-changing event. We will guide you through the modification process, helping avoid stressful legal challenges so you can resolve your problem promptly.

Advocating For Parents Seeking To Enforce The Terms Of Their Agreement

When disputes arise after a family breakup, children often bear the brunt of the conflict. If a missed child support payment leads to withheld visitation sessions, it is the child’s financial and emotional well-being that suffers.

Contact our attorneys if you are owed back payments for child support or the terms of your custody agreement have been violated. We can help you enforce the terms of your contract legally. There are steps the court can take to sanction parents who do not uphold their obligations. We will pursue all options to ensure that your rights and your child’s interests are protected.

Get A Skilled Legal Ally In Your Corner

Our lawyers are committed to fighting for our client’s rights throughout central Indiana. We are ready and eager to help you protect your child’s welfare and your well-being during a challenging time.

Call 317-333-6080 or email Connell Michael, LLP, to connect with a knowledgeable legal professional today.